Oh my gosh ya’ll, Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. There is just something so comforting about curling up on the sofa with a nice big bowl of something hearty and warm while the chilly Autumn air blows outside. I always do a lot of my cooking in my slow cooker during these chilly months. Hearty stews, chili’s and soups. Stock up on these pantry staples and you will be able to whip up a yummy and satisfying meal in no time.
- Dried beans, for white bean and chicken chili.
- Dried pastas, great for bulking up soups and stews.
- Quick oats, nothing gets my kids going faster in the morning then a warm bowl of oatmeal.
- Assorted dried fruits and nuts, to personalize their oatmeal.
- Stocks and broth, of course homemade is better, but, for a quick chicken noodle soup nothing beats ready made broth.
- Fall spices, for mulled ciders and hot teas.
- Root vegetables, added to roast chicken and stews.
Let me know what your pantry staples are for the colder months. Share your favorite Autumn inspired recipes.
As always, Thank you for stopping by